Background

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

I can't wait to see how much JJ grows 
and changes over this next year!
He's going to make such a sweet and good big brother!
He's gotten into a routine of helping Daddy put
lotion on my belly.
The other night he laid back and wanted to
get some lotion on his belly too!

JJ loves to be chased, tickled, and snuggled.
I love when he's identifying body parts and
shows off his elbows.

JJ has become quite the climber these days!
He's trying to climb on everything!!
Our kitchen chairs are up pretty high, so those make 
me very nervous.  He's also trying to climb all over
the couch and chairs as well as his kitchen set
and train table!
The other day I heard his sleepy bear music going off in his
crib, and he had climbed in his bed and was just hanging out!
Might be time to switch from the crib soon!

My favorite things that JJ is saying a lot right now:
"Sure!" (the cutest thing ever)
"Amen!"
"Thank!"
"Please!"
"I didn't see it." (when we're pointing things out the car window)
"Oh no!" (in a very dramatic tone)
He's saying lots of sentences but they are usually:
da da da da da da hot!
why da da da da da da fall!
We know he's telling us something is hot or something fell,
but there are a few words that we can't quite understand yet!
He asks lots of "why" questions.
 JJ has been staying very busy during winter break!
He loves trying on shoes and putting other people's
shoes on for them.
JJ has become a very big helper lately with feeding Violet,
doing laundry,
and helping Daddy pack his lunch and bag for work.
 He loves this new little chalkboard set.
This is Violet's hang out spot:
 JJ is very interested in play-doh right now.
He doesn't want to manipulate it much,
but he really likes transferring the play-doh
between the different containers,
stacking the cups,
and playing with the lids.
 I love his little serious/focused/concentrated face!
Don't fall over!
Sitting back with pride!
JJ loves snacks!  
He's always dragging you to the kitchen
begging for food.
I've been trying to cut back on the paci,
so I think the snacks are what he's using
to replace it.
He's so persistent, but we've been trying to 
just stick to a few snacks a day.
He's still been very happy with drinking either
whole milk or water, so we've been sticking to that!
He really likes oatmeal, fruit, cereal, eggs, raisins, yogurt and pizza!
He seems like to any bread/breakfast/snack product.
He likes mac n cheese but no other pastas yet.
JJ really likes standing on his step stool
to brush his teeth and wash his hands.
He does not like putting on his shoes and coat,
getting buckled into his car seat,
and having his face or nose wiped.
 JJ really likes these little bridge shapes in
his new block set:
 I love you snuggie-roo!

No comments:

Post a Comment